Yeast infection is an extremely uncomfortable condition characterized by itchiness redness and burning sensation when passing urine. The infection is caused by Candida Albicans fungus when they grow out of control causing a pH imbalance around the vagina. Although most people resolve to use antibiotics to treat the condition, the most recommended method is by using natural treatment and preventing methods. Using natural methods to control this fungus is highly recommended in that; it helps prevent a recurrence of the same. Discussed below are some of the most effective remedies showing you how to cure yeast infection naturally.
1. Crushed garlic: Garlic is an excellent home remedy for treating yeast infection. Garlic is rich in antimicrobial and antibiotic properties that help neutralize the infection. Garlic oil works best when mixed with Vitamin E oil as it helps boost absorption of the antimicrobial properties thus normalizing pH levels around the vagina. Using garlic to spice your meals is recommended as it helps prevent future occurrence of the same.
2. Use cranberries: Cranberries have medicinal properties similar to those of garlic. Cranberries contain powerful antimicrobial properties that help treat and prevent yeast reinfection. It also contains powerful soothing compounds that help treat the irritation within a matter of minutes. Cranberry is most effective when taken in its natural form.
3. Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil is another effective home remedy used to cure yeast infection naturally. The oil is rich in anti fungal properties that help kill the candida fungus and restore normal pH levels. Tea tree oil may be applied on the affected area using a soft cloth. This should be used sparingly to prevent side effects.
4. Stop using strongly scented soaps and stay dry: Anyone suffering from yeast infection is advised to wear loose clothes and try to stay dry. Any panties or inner garments should be dried properly and well aerated. This helps contain the infection and make it possible for infected areas to breathe. It would also be advisable to bath pure water and stop using any fragrances in bathtubs.
5. Eat yogurt: Yogurt is an excellent source of probiotic bacteria, which doctors consider good bacteria. Probiotic bacteria helps eliminate harmful fungus and bacteria from the body boosting good health. Taking a cup of yogurt every day can help control body pH and also help treat candida infections. Probiotic bacteria not only helps regulate pH levels but also boost digestive health remarkably. Alternatively, you can apply some yogurt in and around the vagina to help soothe the irritation. You however need to be very careful when applying yogurt in the vagina.
6. Practice proper hygiene: Yeast infection has also been linked to poor hygiene in women. This can be caused by heavy use of scented soaps, strong perfumes and going for days without bathing. Dirty undergarments can also cause vaginitis, which is the reason you should practice proper hygiene. To prevent this, you should wash, dry and aerate your undergarment to ensure they are clean and free from the fungus.
The home remedies discussed above have been proven to treat and cure yeast infection naturally without the need of using over-the-counter medicine. These also help prevent many other health conditions caused by microbes.
Sometimes it’s possible to get a yeast infection that’s pretty easy to cure, dry things out and it’s gone, but other times they can be stubborn, for various reasons, and hard to get rid of.
Let’s look at how to cure yeast infection at home, using products you most likely already have around the house.
Vinegar Is Powerful For Yeast Eradication.Yeast infections have a variety of different names depending on where they’re located on the body, but mostly caused by the same kind of yeast. Even if it’s a different kind of yeast, it’s still going to be killed by the same medicines, so here you go.
For jock itch, that males get in the groin area, you can use vinegar pure, straight out of the bottle, soak a wash rag and apply once in the morning and once at night, a couple of days should do it.
Same with athletes foot fungus, yet another name for yeast infection, apply vinegar straight and scrub between the toes, toenails, and the rest of the foot. If you have a stubborn case, soak some cotton swabs and leave them between the toes, cover with socks, then go to bed. Repeat this procedure daily until the infection has been gone for several days. Apply once a week as a preventative measure.
For a yeast infection of the vagina, you’ll need to dilute the vinegar by half with water and use it as a douche, once in the morning and again in the evening. There is also quite a bit of evidence that reducing the refined sugar in your diet will help with yeast infections of the vagina as well. A regular once per week application should prevent a re-occurrence.
Foot Powder That Contains Zinc Oxide Is Great For Drying And Maintenance.Zinc oxide is fairly good at killing yeast, but not if you’ve got a full blown infection. However, after you’ve applied a good vinegar scrubbing to areas like the feet, groin, or any other exterior place, apply plenty of medicated baby powder with zinc, and you’ll have dry, yeast free skin shortly.
It also works as a great preventative as well, especially if you’re going to take antibiotics, which encourages yeast to grow when it kills your normal skin bacteria.
Lemon Juice Is A Stronger Alternative.Lemon juice can be used in much the same way as vinegar, but it’s much stronger, and can actually burn sensitive skin. But if you have a bad yeast infection between the toes you can apply lemon juice two or three times per day. Be ready for it to sting, but it will eat away all the dead, infected skin and kill the yeast quickly.
Some People Will Also Recommend Chlorine Bleach, Be CautiousChlorine bleach is strong and can burn your skin, never use it straight from the bottle. It is a very good disinfectant to clean the tile floors in your home, where you tend to walk barefoot, to keep the yeast from transferring to other family members. Mixed 1 cup per gallon of water should do the trick.
When it comes to how to cure yeast infection at home with products you have around the home it’s safe and effective 95% of the time, but takes diligence and persistence. If you find you don’t have that, stop by the drug store for some over the counter medications that will work anyway.